Whoever claimed an image says more than a thousand words, is only somewhat right.
After all, words can be extremely powerful and definitely define what a company culture, its values, and a commercial brand stand for. We’re therefore looking for a communication specialist who in first place knows how to instill the Mobile Vikings tone of voice in every type of its communication. Think external newsletters, several types of internal communication, social posts, online user flows, entire go-to-market campaigns, Customer Care templates,… you name it. You’ll be the voice of Mobile Vikings.
You’ll be the safeguardian of the Mobile Vikings way of communicating in Dutch, English and French, being
able to adapt your writing to specific target audiences and communication channels. No matter the briefing,
you maintain a critical point of view, as the common thread in everything you do, is placing the Vikings first (i.e. our users, but your colleagues as well).
As part of the Communications team, you’ll independently be the single point of contact for copywriting, for supporting your colleagues in drawing up communication flows and for defining key messages. Look at the Communications team as a shared service within the company, your colleagues being your “clients”. In addition, you don’t shy away from e.g. prepping visuals or html emails yourself. Some technical skill or
eagerness to learn would therefore come highly appreciated. And last but not least: experience in managing communication projects, aligning with all stakeholders from intake to go-live, is a definite plus. You’ve ticked all the boxes before you hit Send or Post.
Your main responsibilities are
- To research, write, edit and proof all types of copy, for all online, offline, external and internal
- To keep tabs on the always-evolving Mobile Vikings products, target audiences, goals and mission of
the company and its brands (jup, JIM Mobile is a part of this too).
- To work with our different business units to support their goals and key messages while maintaining and aligning our Viking identity and DNA.
- To always work with 1 common baseline: the Vikings, and your colleagues, are at the center of our thinking.
- To work independently, spot opportunities, manage projects and take initiative.
You are the one
- Who understands the specific communication styles that appeal to our Vikings, and our Viking crew members.
- Who has a signature writing style, and always remains the gatekeeper of our tone of voice.
- Who is able to understand different people’s views and to take feedback from different angles into
account. You’re always open for discussion.
- Who has an eye for detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Who can switch fluently between a formal and informal writing style.
- Who is able to work under pressure and manage workloads efficiently.
- Who masters Dutch, English and French in writing.
In return you get
- A diversified job with responsibility and the possibility to make a difference.
- A fixed contract in a fast-growing company.
- The right Work-Life-Salary balance.
- Minimal 2 days a week of vibrant office life, full of pie, croissants, nice coffees, … mixed with free choice of working place on the other days.
- A congenial atmosphere in a team of enthusiastic co-workers.
Is this all you ever hoped for?
Then don’t waste time and apply.
Send us an email at email@example.com and provide:
- a letter of motivation.
- your CV.
- Let’s do this!